Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pedestal

By now, surely you've seen the commercial, an insurance commercial, I think? You go to the door and there it is. The only thing you have to figure out is what to put on it. What is the single most important thing to you? If you could only choose one thing in your life, what would it be? The what is only part of the fun. The why is the really interesting part.

I know that some of these things require a bit of thought. Feel free to take it slowly if you need to...we've got lots of time...then share. Seriously, even if you don't usually reply on blogs, take 30 seconds and tell me. Please.

3 comments:

Keven & Alicia said...

I think we have to be careful to put nothing on the pedestal. Anything important enough to put on a pedestal may quickly become a "God" in our life. Even the most important things in our life....husband, kids, family, friends....can become "Gods" if we aren't careful.
Certainly the only person worthy of being on that pedestal is Jesus.

Keven said...

I don't disagree. However, if someone were to force you to choose...? I heard the ad on the radio again, yesterday. The way they worded it was, "What is important to you?" Maybe, for the sake of this discussion, that is a better way to word it.

For me, an easy answer is my wife and my children. In terms of physical possessions, my wedding ring would be up there. What it represents is very important to me.

The Draper Family said...

If I had to choose an earthly being or posession, it would be my family.